Friday, January 23, 2015

The Lost Boys

Vampires. More vampires!  With the recent fixation on vampires: Vampire Diaries, the Twilight series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, True Blood, and many more, it begs the question, why? I cannot answer that question, because I, too, have fallen into the hands of the immortal, undead.  Yes, the story of Dracula is far older than these new fixations, and pop culture has been fixated on the story since the arrival of Dracula and the release of Nosferatu in 1922. In my opinion the world of the vampires has only recently been actualized. It is as if vampires actually do exist in the world, of the Hollywood sets.
This film though has stands above the rest.  Generating terror in it's audience (only enough to keep you at the edge of your seat).  No the vampires of the film, Lost Boys release in 1987, do not sparkle or wear animal skins, like the Lost Boys of Neverland, but Motorcycle jackets and ripped up jeans.

  I would not call this a fashion focused film.  The characters are filmed in one or two outfits.
The film created a world that was convincing and enthralling.  It created a lasting effect on me. 





The bohemian vibe and killer soundtrack was one that I would be obsessed about for weeks.
My mother introduced me into the Lost Boys world, by showing me the movie, and the soundtrack on record, which she owned.  I am talking old school record.  I played that record over and over again.

 
This movie will haunt you until you have seen it a million times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment