Friday, July 17, 2015

Jewelry from New Orleans Trip

I was able to take a trip to New Orleans earlier this summer. One of the things I know I had to get were the skull head beads from the voodoo following.  As it was described to me, the skull heads keep away evil spirits.  I am very intrigued by the practice of voodoo and other religions.
I went to a store called the Artist's Market and Bead Shop by the French Market.







I got the skull head beads and the cross beads from the shop in New Orleans. The other beads came from Jo-anns.I was able to get other beads from the shop.  Down below.


Lately I have been more focused on using the beads I have collected over the years.




These beads were made by my mother with clay.






I love to wear these layered.  So, there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment