Thursday, November 20, 2014

Scott Pilgram Vs. The World

Mind-exploding (I don't think that is a phrase, yet.  I just made it one).  Awesome and epic.  I was blown away the first time I saw the movie Scott Pilgram Vs. The World.
After seeing it a few years ago,  I felt ready to embrace the inner eccentric geek that I had been oppressing to survive the normal high school grind.  No more.  The colorful images and the quirky/awesome tail gave new light to my boring afternoon.  At that time it had become a habit and a scheduled event to watch movies after school (that was a slow year for me, but also the the time that I saw some of the most impressionable movies).  This was one of those movies that made an impression on me.  I became obsessed for the next few weeks.  It is so entertaining and funny.  

In order for Scott Pilgram to date the girl of his dreams he must fight her seven evil exes.  The story is accompanied by epic fight scenes and an incredible battle of the bands. The movie looked like straight out of a comic book, which it was.  I think it was a wonderful adaptation of the comic books written and illustrated by Bryan Lee O'Malley.
Everything about it is fun.  An escape from reality, which is why I loved it so much.  There were no boundaries.  Each character was their own and had their own quarks, which made it interesting.  The quirks made the characters realistic, as pieces of people that you knew.  Scott Pilgrim finds his own strength and the fights become not for Romona, but for his own self worth.






















No comments:

Post a Comment